Black Friday 2020 – Are you heading out for a little retail therapy? Because this year is a little different, the essential Black Friday 2020 shopping must-haves have changed. Remember most stores will be opening a little earlier. This means you’ll need to get going earlier than you’d normally do. We suggest being prepared so we’ve created your essential must-haves for Black Friday 2020.
- Make a shopping list – It’s easy to get swept up in all the sale madness, a shopping list will keep you grounded and make sure you don’t overspend.
- Grab your mask – We’d hate for you to arrive at the store and realise you left your mask at home. Another pro-tip is to make sure it’s disposable. Disposable masks are lighter, especially on hot days. And, you can simply throw it away when you get home again.
- Coffee – You’ll be out the house early, be sure to grab a travel mug of coffee to give you a little extra oomph.
- Take someone with – Take someone with you that will help you stay accountable for the money you spend. This is especially handy if you’re shopping on a budget.
- Priorities first – When you make your list put your top priorities at the top. This way you’ll be sure to grab them first.
- Budget – We cannot say this enough. Only spend what you can. Set up a budget for the money you want to spend on Black Friday and stick to it. Remember Christmas is still coming and then there’s a whole January to get through too.
- Out with impulse buying – If you have to, leave you cards at home and only take the money you need with you in cash, while this is not ideal, it will prevent you from overspending. Alternatively, put enough money over into another account that you can use on the day.
- Plan ahead – Plan your shopping trip. Know when you want to get to the stores on your list and estimate roughly how long you plan to be at each store. Remember to factor in time for parking, and paying too.