We’re still celebrating our 11th Cleaver Awards win and we want to thank you for voting for us. To do this, we are giving away three amazing prizes to our shoppers. To sweeten the deal just a little more, we have great in-store specials, be sure to check those out! First prize in our competition is a stunning gas braai, second prize is a delicious full lamb and third prize is a wonderful R500 SPAR shopping voucher.
To stand a chance to win one of these amazing prizes you simply need to take a selfie in our butchery department or with one of our butchery products. Next, upload your selfie to the www.karaglensuperspar.co.za website along with a few words on why you voted us the best butchery in South Africa. Easy as that!
You’d better hurry! The competition closes on 26 May 2019.
Karaglen SuperSpar was recently chosen as a National Gold winner in the annual Cleaver Awards. This is the 11th year in a row that Karaglen SuperSpar’s butchery has received a title in the awards.
Our History with the Cleaver Awards
Karaglen SuperSpar’s expert butcher Marius Jordaan has worked in our butchery department since 2000 entering his first Cleaver Awards in 2008. That year, Karaglen SuperSpar was awarded Platinum provincially. And, since 2008, Karaglen SuperSpar has received 6 platinum titles and now 5 gold titles.
About the awards
The awards were launched in 2005. While strict laws oversee the slaughter and deboning of meat. But, there is little that can be done once meat leaves the abattoirs. The Cleaver Awards sought to improve the overall quality of meat and meat products received by consumers.
Three judging categories:
- Butcheries with four or more till points
- Butcheries with three or fewer till points
- Food market / Supermarket butcheries
There’s a reason we have 10 #CleaverAwards!
We don’t just sell meat; we love meat. Our butchery takes great care in selecting the best meat for you. We go to great lengths to ensure that we source and package only the highest quality meat for our store.
- 2008 – Platinum Award in the Provincial Category.
- 2009 – Platinum Award winner in the National Category.
- 2010 – Platinum Award recipient in the Provincial Category.
- 2011 – Platinum Award winner in the National Category.
- 2012 – Gold Award recipient in the Provincial Category.
- 2013 – Karaglen SuperSpar wins Platinum in the Provincial Category.
- 2014 – Gold Award winner in the National Category.
- 2015 – Platinum Award in the National Category.
- 2016 – National Gold Winner.
- 2017 – Gold in the National Category.