On 8 May South Africans will head to their nearest voting stations to cast their votes in the National Elections. The day has been declared a public holiday and this means we’ll have some time on our hands once voting is done. Here are a few exciting ideas on how you can spend the rest of your voting day:
Gather the family and a few friends and host a Voting Day braai. Keep it South African with these amazing braai recipes:
- Easy Cheesy Biltong Braai Broodjies -You cannot miss the mark with these delicious braai add-ons.
- Simply Amazing Cheesy Braai Pap – This delectable Braai side dish is perfect for any summer or winter braai. Go ahead and impress your friends with this one
- BiltongSaladWith Figs And Blue Cheese – Assemble This Stunning South African Salad At The Last Minute For An Impressive Start To A Meal.
- Bushveld Sirloin Of Beef With Amarula Cream Sauce -Place the sliced Beef on serving dishes and drizzled with the Amarula Cream Sauce. Great side dishes to serve with this are roasted potato wedges and a light tossed green salad
There are many really exciting places around Johannesburg that are perfect for getting the family out of the city and into the fresh air. Here are a few suggestions:
- Horwood’s Farm
- Johannesburg Botanical Gardens
- Johannesburg Zoo Lake
- Gillooly’s Farm
Alternatively, pack a picnic basket and enjoy a picnic in the garden.
Tea Party Time
Grab a few delightful treats from the Karaglen SuperSpar deli and host a tea party. We also have a stunning range of flavoured teas to treat your guests.
Relax with a book
Public holidays would not be public holidays if we didn’t get the chance to relax a little. With winter starting to set in we suggest you grab a sunny spot in the house and snuggle up with a good book.