Level 2 Lockdown: South Africans breathed a sigh of relief on Saturday night when President Cyril Ramaphosa announced that the country would move to Level 2 Lockdown.
Official regulations were Gazetted which allows South Africans a little more freedom.
The ease of restrictions kicked in on Tuesday morning, August 18 which allowed among others, the sale of alcohol and cigarettes.
Here’s everything you need to know about navigating Level 2 Lockdown.
- The national curfew is still in place from 10 pm to 4am.
- You have to wear a mask in all public spaces and when using public transport.
- 10 people or less allowed at social gatherings.
- 50 people or less can attend church, funerals, theatres, concerts, weddings, bars, taverns and function venues.
- Casinos allowed to operate at 50% or less of the available floor space.
- Alcohol can be sold from 9am to 5pm from Monday to Thursday.
- Tobacco products can now be sold.
- Bars and taverns are open but must adhere to curfew hours.
Now trading under Level 2 Lockdown:
- Gyms and swimming pools. 50 people or less on-site at any one time.
- Sports fields.
- Public parks and beaches.
- Libraries, archives, museums and galleries.
- Beauty salons, hairdressers, tattoo parlours and make-up.
Let’s face it; the next few weeks are going to be crazy. Why don’t you beat the queue and use Order2Go to buy your cigarettes and wine from Karaglen SuperSpar.
Order2Go is powered by MyZone. MyZone is the easiest way to get all your shopping done in one place. Browse our online shopping centre for everything from takeaways to groceries and everything in between. You order, your selected stores pack and you pick up, shopping has never been simpler.
What makes Order2Go?
We bring your favourite shopping centres to you. Now you can order anything from the comfort of your couch. Together our local economy will thrive