Mocktails are the way to go. Whether you’re celebrating a January birthday or just need a reason to kick your feet up and enjoy summer, mocktails are great for bringing some colour to your event. And, with the summer temperatures set to reach the 30’s we can’t think of a better way to cool off. Mocktails are for every occasion.
Here are our favourite mocktails you absolutely have to try:
A great way to celebrate non-tequila Tuesday.
- 1 Lime
- 750ml Sparkling Apple Juice
- 3 teaspoons lime zest
- 4 tablespoons of Lime juice
- 6 slices of green apple
- Zest the lime and cut it in half. Use the one half of the lime to rub the brim of your chosen glass. Place salt on a place and dip the lime covered rim glass in the salt. Set aside to dry.
- Place ice, apple juice, lime zest and lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and decorate with lime zest and apple slices.
- Serve immediately.
Pineapple and lime punch
This one is a South African summer’s perfect pairing and it’s super easy to make.
- 500ml Pineapple Juice
- 400ml Apricot Juice
- 250ml Ginger beer
- 250ml Soda water
- 75ml Lime Juice
- Crushed Ice
- Thinly sliced limes
- Mix together all the juices and add in the crushed ice.
- Add in the sliced lime for decoration and serve in suitable cocktail glasses.
No-jito – Watermelon
The perfect summer non-alcoholic alternative and poolside accompaniment.
- 4 Cups of fresh watermelon
- 25ml lime juice
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- Mint leaves
- Crushed Ice
- Soda water
- Ginger ale
- Use a blender to mix together the watermelon and lime juice as well as one teaspoon of sugar.
- The mix should be smooth.
- Place three fresh mint leaves and a little sugar in the bottom of each serving glass.
- Fill each glass about halfway with the watermelon mix.
- Add some ice and finish off with a touch of ginger ale and soda water.
- Stir to make sure everything is combined and serve.