Christmas is a special time of the year. Here are a few tips to make sure your Christmas table is one to remember.
- Bundle Christmas baubles into candle glasses or lanterns for a quick, effective and easy centrepiece. A few colour coordinated ribbons and you will have a show stopper!
- Tie ribbon, baubles and a South African style beaded decoration around your napkins. These beautiful decorations are available from local charities, art groups and crafters countrywide. So let’s support our local artists.
- Try a different tree this Christmas. Look out for local artist selling wire trees at the traffic lights.
- If you are choosing a beach theme, you can spray old shells with silver or gold spray-paint. A little beach sand in a candle holder with silver shells makes a great seaside centrepiece.
- Hang beaded decorations, ribbon, cinnamon sticks and Christmas greens onto the chair backs.
- Christmas can be very hot in SA so choose flowers and greenery that can withstand the heat. Rock roses are an excellent choice. Bling them up with a few sparkles. They also recover well when placed back in the garden and can be used the following year.
- Look out for solar powered Christmas lights. They are convenient and need no power, making them a guilt free decoration.