This fast, delicious sandwich is California-cool on a hot summer’s day. And the monounsaturated fats in avocado can actually lower bad cholesterol.
- 3 cup sprouts
- 1 small Red Onion
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 4 tsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 avocados
- 4 large pocket-style pitas
- 200g sharp white cheddar cheese
- Toss the sprouts and onion together and set aside.
- Mix the zest, juice, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise and olive oil and set aside.
- Divide the avocado slices among the pita halves, placing them inside the pocket in a single layer. Divide the sprout mixture among the sandwiches, tucked inside on top of the avocado.
- Add the cheese slices and drizzle each of the sandwiches with about 3 teaspoons of lime dressing.