This recipe will deliver a scrumptious combination of beef and beer to send your taste buds into a frenzy.
- 1 kg beef, cubed
- 15 ml cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 7 ml salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 15 ml brown sugar
- 30 ml vinegar
- 340 ml beer
- 250 ml beef stock
- 15 ml cake flour
- 30 ml chopped parsley
- Brown the cubes in heated cooking oil.
- Add garlic, onion and celery and sauté until onion is transparent.
- Season with bayleaves, salt, pepper and brown sugar.
- Heat vinegar, beer and beef stock together and add to meat.
- Reduce heat, cover with lid and simmer for 2-2½ hours until meat is tender.
- Thicken sauce with cake flour mixed to a paste with cold water.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with creamy caramelised onion mash.
Moist heat cooking method: Stew