Craving a hearty soup? Get this Instant Pot Minestrone Soup recipe on the table in less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
- 2 tbsp lard or olive oil
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 800g crushed tomatoes
- 450g can or about 2 cups freshly cooked, drained white or cannellini beans
- 900g bone broth or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 35g fresh spinach or kale without the rib torn into shreds
- 150g gluten-free elbow pasta or shell pasta
- 30g finely grated parmesan cheese omit for vegan option
- 1 tbsp fresh pesto optional
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode. Add olive oil, onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Mix until softened.
- Add basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- If canned tomatoes are still whole, pulse tomatoes and liquid in can in a food processor or blender for a few seconds to dice tomatoes.
- Add tomatoes, bone broth, spinach or kale, bay leaf, and pasta. Close lid and set to manual high pressure (HP) for 6 minutes. It will take about 8 minutes for the Instant Pot to reach high pressure, then it will cook for 6 minutes.
- When timer goes off, let sit for 1-2 minutes. Then set to quick release to vent steam.
- Remove lid and add white kidney beans.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with parmesan cheese and a dollop of pesto.
Recipe from Dont Mess With Mama