Enjoy all of the flavours of Christmas with this delectable rolled pork belly stuffed with spiced apple and cranberries.
- 125 g SPAR butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 150 g panko or other breadcrumbs
- 2 red apples, cored and finely chopped
- 200 g bulgur wheat
- 200 g SPAR dried cranberries
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- A 1,8-2kg SPAR skin-on boneless pork belly
- SPAR Olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 160C.
- Gently fry the onion and celery in the butter until translucent.
- Add in the breadcrumbs, apple, bulgur wheat, cranberries and chopped parsley.
- Lay the pork belly skin side down. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the stuffing evenly over the meat, roll up tightly lengthwise and secure at regular intervals with kitchen twine. Score the skin with a sharp knife, if desired.
- Place the belly roll on a wire rack over a baking tray. Brush the roll with olive oil and rub liberally with sea salt.
- Roast for 2 hours, then turn up the heat to 220C for 20 minutes to finish the crisping of the skin.
- Allow to rest for 15-20 minutes before cutting into thick slices.