Get over the mid-week hump with a Karaglen Roast Chicken. At only R49, do you really need another reason not to cook on a Wednesday? That’s right; Karaglen SuperSpar sells rotisserie roast chicken for R49 each every Wednesday.
Did you know that there are so many more ways to feed the family with a rotisserie roast chicken than simply serve and go? Here are a few of our favourite rotisserie chicken meals:
Rotisserie Chicken, Kale, Avo, and Quinoa Summer Salad
Chase those mid-week blues away with this filling light summer salad.
For this salad you’ll need:
- 1 Cup of Quinoa
- 2 Cups of Water for Cooking the Quinoa
- Chopped Garlic
- Parsley (about a handful)
- Kale Bunch – pre-washed and finely sliced)
- Olive Oil
- 1 Karaglen SuperSpar Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 Avo’s
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Cook quinoa according to the packet instructions.
- To make the dressing: add 1 clove of finely chopped garlic with a pinch of salt while chopping the parsley.
- Then add the chopped parsley to the garlic and salt and top it up with 3-4 tbsps of olive oil.
- Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large pan, add the remaining chopped garlic and olive oil.
- When the garlic starts to sizzle, add kale and a pinch of salt and saute until slightly wilted.
- While waiting for the kale to soften, shred the roast chicken.
- Just before serving, halve, remove the pit and peel the avocado with a spoon.
Place the kale, quinoa, avocado and shredded chicken on a plate and drizzle with the parsley-garlic dressing. Finish off with black pepper. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Fuss Free Cooking
Easy Rotisserie Chicken Thai Salad
With summer approaching we love the idea of dinner family salads. Put an Asian twist to dinner by serving up this delicious Thai inspired chicken salad. It’s bound to be a hit with that whole family.
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 2/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine coconut milk and next 5 ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and cool for 2 minutes.
- Pour warm coconut milk mixture over lettuce mixture.
- Sprinkle with peanuts; serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Recipe adapted from First Look Then Cook
Rotisserie Honey Chicken Salad with Feta and Grapes
Honey, Feta, and Chicken in one dish! You had us hooked with Feta and Chicken. Give this easy summer salad a whirl on those hot days. We bet it would also go great with a few chops on the braai.
- A Karalgen Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Punnet of Grapes
- One Packet of Salad Sprouts
- 1 Lettuce Torn or Shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 200g feta cheese
- Chopped Green Onion
- Shred Rotisserie chicken
- Cut grapes in half and set aside
- Whisk together the olive oil, honey, vinegar, and water.
- In a bowl place the lettuce and salad sprouts.
- Top with chicken, feta cheese and grapes.
- Drizzle dressing over and serve with bruschetta.
Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum
Follow us on social media:
How do you serve your Karaglen Rotisserie Roast Chicken? Let us know on Facebook.