Food and V-Day 2021 go hand-in-hand. We all know that a good meal is the way to your loved one’s heart. And, what better way to impress the one you love than with a hearty- home-cooked meal. To help you out we’ve put together some of the tastiest Valentine’s recipes we could find.
Rosemary and Garlic Chicken
We love that this dish tastes just as good as it smells. This is a must-try for V-Day 2021.
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- Mix together mustard, lemon juice, stock, pepper flakes and rosemary in a bowl.
- Add salt to taste.
- Place the chicken in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with garlic and pour in the stock mix.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake in the oven at 180 for 40 minutes.
- Serve with rice and seasonal veggies.
Lemon ‘Tatoes and Strip Steak
Steak and mash, mash and steak, whichever you choose, this one is always a winner.
- 500g Freshline potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- Lemon juice from one lemon
- Olive Oil
- 1kg of Select Karaglen Rump Steak
- 1 Onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup of white wine
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Preheat your oven to 180.
- Boil the potatoes until soft.
- Once soft add the lemon zest and juice and then add the butter, one tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash until your mash reaches the desired consistency.
- In a large cast-iron skillet cook the steak in a little olive oil seasoned with salt and pepper until done.
- Let the steak rest and cut into strips roughly 1cm thick.
- Keep the juices from the steak in the skillet and add onion as well as wine.
- When the liquid has reduced to about half add a little butter.
- Serve over the steak.
Bourbon Peach Salmon
Good for the soul and great for the waistline. This dish is bound to be a hit with your significant other.
- Two skinless Salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons peach jam
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Place the salmon fillets on a sheet pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the jam, bourbon, honey and garlic powder.
- Generously brush the glaze over the fish covering the sides and top.
- Place in an oven preheated to 150.
- Bake for around 10 minutes.
- Serve with greens or a simple salad.